Check your heartbeat! February is American Heart Month ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
February is the month of love and we should also guard our hearts. To see is to know, and spreading awareness to heart health is influential as heart disease IS preventable if the proper measures are taken. Throughout the entire world, heart disease takes 17.9 million lives each year and is projected to reach 23.6 million by the year of 2023.
Fun facts about the Heart ❤️
- the heart is the hardest working muscle in the human body
- on average, a heart pumps two thousand gallons of blood each day
- positive energy and happiness can decrease an individual’s risk for heart disease
- the average heart beats 100,000 times every day
- heart disease is the #1 cause of death in America, followed by cancer
- women heart beats 8 more times each minute, on average, than men hearts
What can be done to prevent heart disease?
- Exercise: three times/week for 20 minutes
- Reduce stress
- Stop smoking: 1 of 5 people who die from heart disease were smokers